The Dolphin's Secret
A Meditational Journey for Children
About the Book
Features Meri, a mermaid, and her friend Aloha, a dolphin.My hope is this book empowers children to experience peace, ease, and happiness. The book is inspired by, and borrows from, an ancient meditation tradition called Yoga Nidra.
Through the use of a sequence of mindfulness techniques, Yoga Nidra profoundly relaxes the body and quiets the mind. It also helps people to develop the capacity to detach from their thoughts and observe them.
The Integrative Amrit Method (I AM) of Yoga Nidra is very effective and user-friendly. Normally, the meditation is delivered by a trained facilitator. I have incorporated some of the techniques I learned at the Amrit Yoga Institute, and woven them into children’s stories. Enjoy!
Illustrations from the Book
(Click on the images below for the enlarged view)
What is Yoga Nidra?
- Yoga Nidra is an ancient form of guided meditation which incorporates mindfulness techniques in a sequence designed to disengage the mind and maximize relaxation.
- Yoga Nidra is done with participants laying down comfortably on their backs.
- It translates as “yogic sleep” and is a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping. You may drift off to sleep but you remain aware.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Meditation and mindfulness techniques help reduce anxiety and stress.
- Helps regulate sleep patterns.
- Profoundly relaxes the body and quiets the “monkey” mind.
- Helps us learn to observe our thoughts and choose an appropriate response, rather than having a knee-jerk reaction.
- There is no way to do it wrong!!!
Review the Book
My mission is to inspire and encourage as many people as possible to meditate and incorporate mindfulness techniques so they experience more peace in their lives. If you have a positive review of the book, please email it to me or post it on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or BooksAMillion. If you are so moved, share the website or my Facebook and Instragram. Thank you. Jai Bhagwan (Victory to the Spirit!)